Friday, September 18, 2015

Youji&Me Warehouse Sale: Other Baby Stuff

My main reason for going to the Youji&Me Warehouse Sale was really the wooden crib. I did tell my husband I will also buy a baby tub in case they have the inflatable Richell tub which they did not have. Before he dropped me off, he told me to buy whatever I thought would be useful for the baby. My only checker was, I should not just think that the item is cute to have. I would never buy something out of the cuteness factor but my husband being my husband had to remind me. :)

Here are the other things that I got from the warehouse sale:

Richell Pottis Step and Potty
This particular potty is nice as it grows with the baby. Early on, it can be used as a stand-alone potty and then it can be used with the toilet seat later on. Richell is a Japanese company that manufactures baby products. I have checked some potty seats in malls and I think this price is really good already given that the product is versatile. I tried to check reviews online but all reviews are in Japanese. It scored 4.6 out of 5 with 146,000 reviewers.

Discount: 60% off 
Retail Price: 1,999.99 PHP
Discounted Price: 799.90 PHP
Richell Nasal Aspirator
I have read reviews on nasal aspirators and many found the nasal aspirators that come with a pump so that it looks like a medicine dropper to be ineffective. Many still recommend an aspirator that allows the parent to "suck" the mucus out using a tube. When I saw this, I decided to get it since we are also planning to get one anyway. I did not do a price comparison for this item prior to buying so I am not sure if 131.90 PHP is actually cheap but it has been discounted 60% so price must be good. I could not find a review for this item online but this is made in Japan.

Discount: 60% off
Retails Price: 329.75 PHP
Discounted Price: 131.90 PHP


Nuby Nibbler
This allows the baby to try solids without worries of baby choking. I read some reviews on this product and they are mostly good except that the handle is a bit of a challenge to open even for adults. I think that's actually good, at least I know the baby will not be able to open it and end up eating the entire food inside the net. I really planned on buying this because the baby will start with solids at 6 months. I got two of these.

Discount: 60% off
Retail Price: 389.75 PHP
Discounted Price: 155.90 PHP

Nuby Coolbite Teether Fruit
I originally wanted to buy the key ring teether but that one had very bad reviews online.  They say a cold teether is very soothing to babies so I got this one.

Discount: 60%
Retail Price: 215.75 PHP
Discounted Price: 86.30 PHP



Nuby Medi Nurser
A colleague of mine who has two children told me about this. I have never heard of this before, but she said that they found this extremely useful during times they had to give the baby medicine. This received very good reviews online.

Discount: 60%
Retail Price: 99.75 PHP
Discounted Price: 39.90 PHP

Luvable Friends 2 Multi Use Pads 
I would have loved this better if it were the size of our crib mattress but I thought this was good to have for bathing and changing diapers so we do not end up wetting our bed. We plan to use our bed as our changing station. There have been many accidents due to falls from changing tables so I think the bed may actually be a good place to do all the diaper changes and washes in between diaper changes.
This is water-absorbent  and quilted with waterproof inner layer. I am not sure if I overbought because I bought two of these but I was thinking of the drying time when this gets washed.

Discount: 50%
Original Price: 1,159.75 PHP
Discounted Price: 579.90 PHP


These are the items that I bought that are useful for the baby. I mentioned in my last post that there were wooden toys for toddlers at the Warehouse Sale as well. That deserves a post of its own because I uhmm... bought a number of the toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment