Thursday, September 17, 2015

Youji&Me Warehouse Sale: Wooden Crib

We wanted to get our baby a wooden crib that can be used until his toddler years and then eventually be used by our next child. After looking around, I saw some shops selling wooden cribs but the sturdiest with the most reasonable price was Cuddlebug that is distributed by Youji&Me. Mothercare has some nice wooden cribs too but their price starts at 15K PHP.

Upon browsing the Youji&Me Facebook account, I learned that they hold annual warehouse sales and in these sales, they give as much as 50% discount on cribs and even more discounts on their other items. It was great that historically, they hold these sales around the month of September or October because these are the months that I can already shop for the baby. Since I learned about the warehouse sale, I have been waiting for their announcement so when the day finally came, my husband and I decided that I will go on leave to make sure that I get to buy the wooden crib we want for our baby. My husband had to work on the day I had to shop so I went on my own.

I went there with three criteria in mind:
  • Price - Of course even with the discount, we still want the price to be reasonable
  • Quality - We want it as sturdy and as solid as possible
  • Color - Husband prefers dark color so it matches with the rest of our furnitures
When I got there, there were already some pregnant women and couples waiting in the lobby. The sale opens at 10am and we were early by 30 minutes. The elevator going to the 9th floor where the sale was is rather small and I was part of the third trip up. When I got there, some of the cribs were already marked as SOLD. Their inventory moves fast, it was good I came early.



The way they do it is, they display the actual item you will buy and that will be the one packed or delivered to you. I wanted to get this Fontana crib at first because this had a 40% off discount and it came in a dark color. 

I could have gotten the Fontana crib for 6K PHP but decided against it because I felt that the Brentwood crib was sturdier and more solid and the price difference was only 2,400.00 PHP. The color though did not match what my husband wanted but that's the least of our priorities. There was this other crib that came in exactly the same shade that we wanted, it was sturdy and elegant but the price tag was hefty at 12K PHP and this is already the discounted price!
I got this crib for 8,400.00 PHP which is not so bad since some of the Pack and Plays cost even more than this amount. My husband said that ten years ago he bought a wooden crib for at least 10K PHP so he thinks this is a great deal. I got it in Tawny so the wood is at least brown though not in the shade we wanted.



We also decided to get the mattress from Cuddlebug even though we could have gotten a much cheaper Uratex mattress because what they have conforms to the safety standards for cribs, it's supposed to be cooler to the skin because of the side vents, firmer because it has coiled springs and has a waterproof lining as well. The dimension is 52"x28"x6". This retails for 3,999.99 PHP and we got it for 3K PHP. The Uratex foam would have costed us almost 2K PHP.


While Youji&Me sells bed linens, I decided not to buy because it came with bumpers, blankets, comforters and other loose items that I did not want in the crib. We are just going to look for a fitted bed sheet. Since the dimension of the crib follows the standard dimension, it should not be hard to find the fitted sheet.

The Youji&Me Warehouse Sale is still ongoing from today, September 18 to 20, 2015 at Deco Centrum 10:00 am to 5:30 pm. There are other items that I got that I will post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment