Thursday, November 26, 2015

Free Lectures for Expectant Mothers



I wish I have heard about these Pregnancy and Beyond lectures earlier then I would have been able to hoard more freebies haha! Seriously though, the lectures like those at Makati Medical Center feature different topics useful for those who are expecting. An expectant mom can learn about Lamaze, prenatal yoga, breastfeeding, caring for baby among others. On top of the freebies, you also get a free lunch. This is from 10am to 1pm every 4th Saturday of the month, Hall 1 Auditorium, 8th floor of Tower 2. Admission is free. You can take your husband with you. There is also a raffle for mothers and another raffle for fathers.

I was only able to attend one session before I gave birth. I only heard about this lecture through an expectant mom whom I met at the Youji&Me Warehouse Sale. So to pay it forward, I am sharing this information to all the other expectant mothers. There is no need to pre-register, just show up at the venue and register there. When I was there, the venue was not filled, they were not even able to use up all the prizes from the sponsors. It was worth my while because I learned new things about breastfeeding, the speaker was a lactation doctor who gave a really great talk. There were exercises shared by a physical therapist from MMC and a prenatal yoga instructor from a yoga studio in Quezon City. There was also somebody who talked about cord banks.

For more information about the event you can check it here

Below is a picture of my loot from one session. I won a big Lactacyd bottle for women and a big Lactacyd body wash for toddlers (not in picture because I gave it to my niece). The pampers bag has a 12-piece pack of Pampers Newborn Premium diapers. We are now using this brand so I guess their marketing paid off. We plan to use disposables until the cloth diapers fit our son. The bear is from Manulife while the green elephant is from one of the cord banking companies. Another cord bank company gave a pen and a bonnet.


Watch out for baby showers from companies like Smart Parenting as well. They have lectures and workshops for moms and like the Pregnancy and Beyond series, these are also free. I was unable to go to the baby shower because the shower was too far from where we live.

Enjoy pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment